Pages

DRAFT TODAY, POST TOMORROW: Some posts may be in draft status until I (aka procrastinator extraordinaire) get around to posting them.



Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Garden update--wasp edition

So my husband Mick asked me why I'm growing pot in the middle of the corn field. Now that he and his helpers have taken the dried corn stalks down, the tallest plant in the middle is a solitary okra plant. Do you think it looks like pot?
Well?
So the photos are blurry because the plant is covered in wasps. Covered. In. Wasps. They aren't on anything else. Just this plant. OMGOMGOMG. I cannot deal with wasps. So Mick came out to spray the hell out of the plant. I'll have to remove all the current pods since they won't be edible.
some of the pods are drying on the plant

see the green okra straight up the middle?
 The watermelon are just coming in.
This is what is left now that it's been "cleaned out" meaning the corn is gone but there's a mess left behind, including a lot of that damn grassy weed stuff.
 In my garden my jalapenos are coming in green and red, but they (especially the red) are cracking on the plant. It's too hot and dry I guess. But I really want those red ones to make Sriracha sauce.
 The bell peppers, butternut squash, and tomatoes think it's too hot too. I need more shade.

No comments:

Post a Comment