Pages

DRAFT TODAY, POST TOMORROW: Some posts may be in draft status until I (aka procrastinator extraordinaire) get around to posting them.



Sunday, June 2, 2013

Cooking two dinners

Last night, I baked a couple of spaghetti squash. From our garden! They were large and the cooked squash filled a 4 quart Pyrex bowl.

This morning, cleaning my kitchen, I made bacon for breakfast* with leftover teff pancakes topped with nut butter, strawberries from my garden, and a peach from my neighbors garden. And maple syrup of course.

Then I cleaned the kitchen again while I did laundry.

For dinner, I wanted to make sauce for the spaghetti squash I baked yesterday. So I made Sprouts spicy chicken Italian sausage and Classico marinara, adding in (from the garden) butternut squash, zucchini, yellow squash, parsley, and basil. I put the extra parsley and basil in water to see if that will keep, via Pinterest. (Update: one did and one didn't.)
 
so. yummy.
I also (over)cooked the green beans from the garden.

with basil and parsley
At the same time, I started some crockpot chili but didn't use a crockpot. I know! Such a rebel! I should have used my larger pan though--I made a mess on my stove. Instead of ground beef, I used stew meat chopped up. I forgot to soak some beans so I used a can each of pinto, red, and chili beans. I didn't want to go back to the garden to get another jalapeño, so I added a small amount of freeze dried jalapeño. (NOT needed, plenty hot!)

To the brim, y'all
 
That. Was. Exhausting.

*Assuming breakfast is still the appropriate term for a meal at 11:30 a.m. I slept in. More than expected. And then had to wait an hour after my med before I could eat. Oh, coffee, why are you looking at me like that?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment