Pages

DRAFT TODAY, POST TOMORROW: Some posts may be in draft status until I (aka procrastinator extraordinaire) get around to posting them.



Monday, September 17, 2012

Let there be pizza!

So many people have been disappointed. They tell me about a place they went or drove past that offers gluten-free pizza. Yay, gluten-free pizza. But I can't have gluten-free pizza. It still has yeast and/or eggs. But a while ago, I found a mix at Sunflower Market or Whole Foods--I haven't seen it anywhere else. A pizza mix that has no wheat, eggs, soy, yeast, dairy--can it be? Yes, Namaste Foods Pizza Crust mix is safe for me!

[When I was looking for the link, I saw the mix listed on Walmart and Walgreens websites. Really?!]

It was actually super easy. I forgot to grease my pizza pan like it instructed but it didn't stick so I'll skip that step. Measure the mix (the package makes about 2 crusts), add a little oil (I used Spectrum Canola) and water; mix for 3 minutes with the electric hand mixer. Spread onto pizza pan and bake. Add the toppings and bake some more.

Topped and in the oven--lowest rack
I used eggplant, red and green peppers, and basil, all from my garden, on top of Classico pizza sauce [that I found at Walmart]. I shredded some goat cheese mozarella to add on top. It's a little too sticky so it actually clumped and ended up looking like the mozarella used on margherita pizzas.

Veggie pizza (cause I didn't plan ahead and get sausage)
I thought it was really good. But I haven't had pizza in a year. And I was craving it. If you don't have to eat like me, I probably wouldn't recommend this product. But it is a completely acceptable thin crust pizza crust. And the sauce and veggies made it very, very good.

No comments:

Post a Comment