Pages

DRAFT TODAY, POST TOMORROW: Some posts may be in draft status until I (aka procrastinator extraordinaire) get around to posting them.



Friday, February 24, 2012

Public speaking

I get very nervous about speaking in front of a group, especially people I don't know.  I was asked to do a presentation that others have already done.  I asked someone who does a lot of public presenting nationwide for some tips.  I did my homework.  I practiced a little.  I sweated, but I was wearing a jacket to cover it up.  I stumbled answering a question.  But the audience members told me that I made a boring subject interesting, that I did a great job presenting, that they appreciated my presentation.  Whew.

Since I was out in Scottsdale, I met a friend, S, a previous co-worker who I meet for lunch occasionally.  We decided to meet at Indulge Burger.  I've heard good things about it in the gluten-free groups.  I had a bunless chicken sandwich with salad and salsa.  It was kinda terrible, overcooked, disappointing, but edible.

No comments:

Post a Comment