Pages

DRAFT TODAY, POST TOMORROW: Some posts may be in draft status until I (aka procrastinator extraordinaire) get around to posting them.



Thursday, February 16, 2012

Pasta dinner

I spend a lot of time on food blogs and I noticed that a lot of the time, the recipes are not your standard weeknight fare.  I typically make salmon or chicken, with seasoning or a sauce, and rice or potatoes or pasta, and a vegetable or salad.

Someone in my office was eating spaghetti for breakfast earlier this week.  I used to do that all the time--go to Babbo's and get the spaghetti and meatballs special, eat half and have the rest for breakfast.  Yum.

I found spicy chicken sausage (not in casings) at Sprouts and cooked it, added a can of Muir Glen diced tomatoes with basil, and some almost cooked Fresh and Easy rotini rice pasta.  I covered it while I made my salad and grated a little goat cheese mozzarella (I'm not sure I'm supposed to be eating it, but I have it, so I had a little.)

I thought it was fantastic.  It will make an excellent breakfast.  Even without the cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment