Pages

DRAFT TODAY, POST TOMORROW: Some posts may be in draft status until I (aka procrastinator extraordinaire) get around to posting them.



Saturday, February 18, 2012

Pickled radishes

My radishes decided to be ready all at once, mostly.  As soon as they are picked, they start getting soft, so I thought I would pickle them.  I looked for recipes and they all say pickling spices but I don't know what that means!  A friend sent me some recipes so I kind of put them together for my try at pickled radishes.  I put them in apple cidar vinegar until I could get the spices.  I got some dill a couple days later and added a bunch.  The next day, I found pickling spices in the "bulk" jars of spices at Sprouts (NOT in the big bulk bins) so I got a little and added to my jars of radishes.  I waited and then tried one.  Oh.  That was terrible.  Unsavable.  Blech.  Waste of radishes.  So sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment