Pages

DRAFT TODAY, POST TOMORROW: Some posts may be in draft status until I (aka procrastinator extraordinaire) get around to posting them.



Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Agility class

Part 1: start in front, go to right
The first part of our course was a two jump lead out and a front cross into the tunnel.  I used a pivot coming out of the tunnel to basically slingshot her over the first jump, around the back of the tunnel to go over the other jumps.  I did another front cross to head in the other direction.

Part 1: layering behind the tunnel
The second time through the course with Cassi, I did not have time to cross after the tunnel so I was still on the left of her when we needed to head to the second tunnel, and that worked just as well for her as the other way had worked.

Part 2 (starting at the cutoff jump on left) 


I called switch to the tunnel and rear crossed, then called her name while she was in the tunnel to get her to come back toward me.  Then I turned and pivoted around the two jumps, going to the teeter.  The tunnel to the jump was a little awkward but it worked.

After the teeter, we moved to the weaves.  They were 2 sets of 12 in a row, so 24 weaves.  Cassi did them very well both times; Teka did them perfectly the first time but popped out near the end and popped back in the second (and retry) time through.  It was so awesome, I let her end there.


No comments:

Post a Comment