Pages

DRAFT TODAY, POST TOMORROW: Some posts may be in draft status until I (aka procrastinator extraordinaire) get around to posting them.



Thursday, September 1, 2011

Wine is what's for dinner

I can't have anything I usually eat for breakfast.  So, I have 2 links of Applegate chicken and apple breakfast sausage.  And a few strawberries.  And I try making a cold green tea latte with almond milk.  Meh.  I feel like I'm going through the motions, just eating something so I can take my medications.

For lunch, I pick up a large gazpacho from Bertha's with a side salad.  They give me corn chips and balsamic dressing.  I eat a little of the chips with my soup and a little of the dressing with my salad.  I'm not sure if either is allowed.  I have a piece of chocolate my coworker bought for me.  It is good.  Not great, but it's good.  I'm okay with one square.

I smell popcorn.  It's not on my menu, something in the microwave popcorn that I don't eat anymore.  I have pistachios.  I haven't had them in a long time and they are really good.  A little addictive even.  Probably too much salt, but who cares.  I got them in the shells to slow me down.  What else do you want from me?

I bought ingredients for this sandwich my husband really wanted me to make for him.  We saw it on Sandwich King.  When we watched the show last weekend, I thought I could have everything but the bread.  I make the fig spread and assemble his sandwich to cook between two pans (panini style).  I eat some of the fontina (couldn't find fontinella) cheese with the fig spread.  Suddenly, I remember that I can't don't eat dairy anymore.  I've eaten a really, really nice (but small) snack of cheese and figs.  And now I have nothing to eat for dinner.  I'm crying.  I drink wine for dinner.  Is that bad?

I realize that I need some food so I can take my medications.  I have leftover rice with half a can of chili beans.  It needs something else but I just don't care anymore.  I eat it anyway.  My husband sees that I'm upset and tells me it will be okay.  He wants to know if I would feel better if he didn't like the sandwich.  I tell him no, then I wasted my time and neither of us had a decent meal.  He really liked the sandwich.  I know it was awesome.  For him.  I don't feel okay yet.

1 comment: