Pages

DRAFT TODAY, POST TOMORROW: Some posts may be in draft status until I (aka procrastinator extraordinaire) get around to posting them.



Thursday, September 15, 2011

Dreaming of art purchases...and a cure for cancer

After eating my leftover (cold) paella for breakfast, I headed to the conference.  My hair looked fine but when I went to the restroom later, I almost didn't recognize myself--my hair looked so bad!  At registration, I found out that lunch was included today.  Hmm.  Since box lunches were provided, there was only an hour for lunch.  At the urging of the guy sitting next to me in the workshop, I went to see what they were serving.  Even after I said I was going to go out and find lunch, he was trying to tell me I could eat the vegetarian sandwich.  There's something wrong with people.

I headed to Seaport Village at a speed walk.  Once I got there, I found that the restaurants I thought I might be able to eat at were at the far end.  I had chicken tacos with beans and rice, no cheese all around.  I had a (very over priced) green ice tea at a coffee shop also.  I sped walked back to the Convention Center and barely got there in time.  And I was sweaty; I put my hair up in a clip.

There was a happy hour reception where I visited a lot of sponsor booths to get swag.  There were two food stations: an Italian (pasta and bread) and Chinese (soy all around), so I didn't eat.  I had some water at one of the sponsor booths.  When I left, I went to the hotel to change and drop off my stuff.

I headed out to find dinner.  On the way, I found the Chuck Jones Gallery.  As soon as I walked in, I saw Bugs Bunny: in an airplane, playing poker, with Gossamer...it.  was.  awesome.  The lady working there said the gallery (store) is owned by the Jones family and she showed me a lot of pieces including several that I would love to have in our game room, a print of the mermaid cartoon, and Bugs and Daffy playing the piano.

I went to an Indian restaurant and explained to the waiter that I couldn't have wheat or dairy.  He made some recommendations; the chicken dishes could be modified so they weren't marinated in yogurt.  So I had Vindaloo with rice and a mango juice drink.  It was very good and I have leftovers for tomorrow.

****

I really have little to no faith in the agencies regulating our food and environment.  So I can't say I'm surprised by the possibility that the FDA is suppressing the cure for cancer This documentary thoroughly documents and proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that cancer can be effectively treated without toxic chemotherapy or radiation, and it exposes the orchestrated effort made by the FDA to suppress this treatment and to jail the doctor providing it.   This is very long, but interesting: at least watch the first half hour.  I have to say: the side effects of cancer treatment--chemo and radiation drugs--should NOT be leukemia.  I don't think the government should be able to patent anything.  And I'm kind of sick of seeing the way the same people show up all over the place, going from "regulated" business to regulator and back and forth like there is no conflict of interest.

I see also that the FDA is fighting Dr. Oz for stating that our apple juice has arsenic in it.  I don't know if these things are true, but I think it's worth considering.  (And of course I'm skeptical of a cancer cure as well--we know there's big money in treatments.)

No comments:

Post a Comment