Pages

DRAFT TODAY, POST TOMORROW: Some posts may be in draft status until I (aka procrastinator extraordinaire) get around to posting them.



Thursday, September 8, 2011

PJ and Corn Chowder

I went to Pita Jungle for the falafel and a green ice tea.  It was good although I thought the falafel was dry, maybe a little overcooked.  Later I didn't feel well so I'm not sure if there was something wrong with it or I just overdid it today.

Creamless Corn Chowder
I bought fresh corn the other day at the grocery store and needed to use it.  I wanted to make the creamless corn chowder that was in USA Today.  I forgot to check the other ingredients needed so I made some substitutions.  I think it turned out pretty well and my husband liked it (although he added more pepper and I thought it was plenty peppery.)

Essentially, take the corn off 4 ears and blend.  Take the corn off another 4 ears for the soup.  Cook potatoes a little and add water or broth; simmer till cooked.  Add the onions, peppers, corn and corn blend.  Add seasoning throughout.  I think carrots could be added with the potatoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment