Pages

DRAFT TODAY, POST TOMORROW: Some posts may be in draft status until I (aka procrastinator extraordinaire) get around to posting them.



Wednesday, September 14, 2011

A good doctor visit = no crying

At U-fest, my friend insisted I needed this shirt to wear to my doctor's appointment.  Today, I had a visit with Dr. H and the student H, so I wore the shirt.  I think H was a little worried that the others in the lobby were embarrassed, but Dr. H seemed amused.  She also stated that I seemed happier--um, cause I'm not crying?

They both felt different pulse points and think I have more energy but my liver is still struggling (as is expected due to the cancer drug I took, most likely).  I explained the pain issues seem to be around (before and after) digestive issues; I don't feel they have gone away but I am having more consistent (timing) bathroom time, although not in great shape.  I also mentioned that I thought I had a reaction to the tikka masala I ate at Pita Jungle although it wasn't supposed to have any of my allergens--Dr. H said several people have had complaints about reacting to PJ food recently.  H said she would send me some info about where/what to eat while in San Diego (and she is traveling to SD next week.)

After they discussed my treatment, H put a couple hot Epsom salt towels on my back.  After that, she massaged castor oil on my back.  Then she wiped it off.  Next, I laid on my back and she did some acupuncture, including some shoulder points.  In addition, they added some more pellets to my treatment, something called Arsenicum. as well as a higher dose Phosphorus for when I am having a painful episode.

H is graduating so she kind of offered to work with me at another location or I will continue with Dr. H and a new student, which is more likely the route I will take.

****

I packed for my trip before going to see Dr. H, so I stopped to fill up on gas, then to Robeks for a drink.  The girl working there told me that they can substitute other ingredients for any of the dairy, so I had a fruit smoothie, minus the sherbet and yogurt, and added carrot juice.  I also had a Larabar cashew cookie bar (full size) since I had only had OJ for breakfast.  Yeah, that's why my tummy was very, very loudly growling during my appointment!  Then I stopped for a mani/pedi so I will look more professional (polished) before heading out of town.

****

The drive was uneventful, I'm checked in, and I walked over to an area that I know has restaurants, several ethnic restaurants I thought would be worth checking out.  Instead, I found a Spanish restaurant.  If it was my last meal on earth, I would totally want a traditional paella with some specific tapas that are not on my current diet!  Since I can't have the seafood either, I had a vegetable paella preceded by a bowl of gazpacho.  Yummo!  I have half my paella leftover for a cold breakfast tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment