Pages

DRAFT TODAY, POST TOMORROW: Some posts may be in draft status until I (aka procrastinator extraordinaire) get around to posting them.



Saturday, September 17, 2011

Buffets are not my friends.

I've skipped the freebie breakfast every day at the conference since I can't eat eggs.  There is also a freebie lunch, which I have skipped.  I went in to the area to find someone and saw that the lunch was buffet of salad (with croutons and ranch dressing) and Mexican food (with cheese on everything), so I went out to Seaport Village.  I found a Greek restaurant and had an excellent salad with grilled chicken, no feta, and a side of rice as a substitute for the pita.

I talked to a couple of my previous coworkers about dinner plans.  There was an event dinner but I opted out since it was a buffet and expensive; my previous coworkers were not going either.  Unfortunately, they skipped the end of the day and got an early start on their evening.  And my phone did not deliver their texts until much too late for me to join them for a seafood dinner.  And I found myself upset.  I have eaten almost all of my meals alone while I've been traveling.  I'm a social eater, but this makes me feel like one of those crazy people who eat in private to hide their eating from others.

No comments:

Post a Comment