Pages

DRAFT TODAY, POST TOMORROW: Some posts may be in draft status until I (aka procrastinator extraordinaire) get around to posting them.



Monday, September 19, 2011

No salad, no GPS, no buns.

Yesterday was my last day in San Diego.  Before leaving, I decided to get a salad for lunch.  The restaurant I found was nice and I got a table outside to enjoy the weather.  It was an expensive house salad; it didn't even have meat on it.  After I explained that I couldn't have wheat or diary, the waitress said the candied walnuts were purchased so she didn't know if they had wheat.  My salad came with a bunch of parmesan cheese on top and the walnuts on the side.  I sent the salad back since I couldn't just take the cheese off.  I didn't understand the walnuts on the side.  When my salad came back, there were two pieces of bread slid into the side of my salad, so I didn't even eat the whole thing.  As if everything didn't suck enough, I didn't even get a refill on my ice tea.

After my stop near Indio/Palm Springs, I actually got lost trying to get back to the freeway.  My phone's GPS didn't find my actual location the entire trip, and this time was no different.  I had a total meltdown but my husband was able to get me back to the freeway.  I may have been more ready to have a meltdown since I was stressed about making the stop there and getting home so very late and, and, and....

I went to lunch with some coworkers today.  We went to Teakwoods.  There was one thing on the menu I thought might be okay.  I had the char-grilled chicken sandwich with no bun, no mayo, substitute ranch beans instead of fries, add a side of salsa.  Not too bad--they make their salsa there.

1 comment:

  1. This is why I never rely on my phone to get me places. I like old fashioned maps, and carry an atlas in the car too! But neither would have probably helped you while being lost. :) At least you made it home safely!

    ReplyDelete