Pages

DRAFT TODAY, POST TOMORROW: Some posts may be in draft status until I (aka procrastinator extraordinaire) get around to posting them.



Tuesday, September 20, 2011

A gift, a survey (or three), a snack.

One of my sisters told me the other day that I should expect a package today and she wanted to make sure someone would be home for it.  I was working at home, and I got the package in the early afternoon.  I was having a stress-filled day, so maybe I overreacted.  She sent me a beautiful box of chocolate covered strawberries.  I opened the box and read her note and then stood there crying.  When I told my husband about the rough day I had, especially that part, he did not get it at all.  I guess part of my frustration was that I don't know what to say to her--I should thank her but how?  Thanks for sending hubby and friends this awesome gift?  FML.

****

I took a survey about MS fatigue, as well as my monthly monitoring survey, and the NARCOMS Patient Decision Making Survey.  The last one is an interesting exercise in hypothetical situations--it asks a lot of "if a drug existed that would do this positive (such as cure MS) but has this negative (blindness in one or both eyes or a quick and painless death), would you take the drug.  It gives different odds of having the negative actually happen: 1:1000, 1: 10000, 1:100000, tiniest chance.  I know that I logically would avoid a treatment that would kill me or permanently blind me in both eyes, but if I was actually faced with the situation, I'm not certain that logic would have any place.

****

My friend, A, got me these maple pecans.  They are like candied nuts, but there are also dried cherries and apples as well as walnuts.  They are pretty good dessert-ish snacks.  While I was looking for a photo, I found their website which says they have a gluten-free facility.  Not all of their products are okay for me--at least one had soy--but it's a good start.

No comments:

Post a Comment