Pages

DRAFT TODAY, POST TOMORROW: Some posts may be in draft status until I (aka procrastinator extraordinaire) get around to posting them.



Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Get 'er done

I took the morning off work to run errands that are piling up.  I got my blood taken for my thyroid test, took my medicine right afterward, and then headed to Target.  Mostly I needed personal care and cleaning products, and they are increasing their inventory of brands I like or am interested in trying.  I was there about an hour so when I left, I was able to eat breakfast--a Larabar and a green iced tea from Starbucks.

Then I headed to Kohl's with my 30% coupon.  On my list: a pair of black pants, a pair of brown pants, a belt, stainless steel cookware set I saw in their ad, perfume, a purse, and boots.  I found the pants and got a few tops, including one that I almost didn't pick up but makes me look so thin.  I found a reversible belt so I don't have to get two.  I found a bag I liked for work but not a purse.  Well, I found a purse style similar to the one I have now but I didn't like the colors.  The only other purse I found attractive was too expensive.  I forgot about the perfume...

I found the stainless steel cookware next.  It's a little bit of an investment, but I understand from my research that I should minimize my use of nonstick cookware since it gets scratched and leaches toxicity.  The funny thing is that the set I bought came with a free pan that was nonstick.

I have been looking for boots for years.  And years.  Apparently I have huge calves or something.  So I was not excited about looking at boots, but I saw a pair that I liked.  As usual, my calves felt like they were being strangled.  Then I saw another pair that I liked more, and the sign said something about calf extender. I bought boots today!  Whoo-hoo.  I won't be able to wear them right away (in this heat) but they are super-cute.  And they were on sale and then discounted 30%!

No comments:

Post a Comment