Pages

DRAFT TODAY, POST TOMORROW: Some posts may be in draft status until I (aka procrastinator extraordinaire) get around to posting them.



Thursday, September 22, 2011

Eating well

I can eat breakfast, a real breakfast!  I found gluten-free oats, so I can have oatmeal, which I made this morning with my instant hot water, adding dried cranberries, almond slices, shredded coconut, and after it got thick, a little hemp milk.  Not bad.  I don't think the coconut added anything to it.  I am excited to have "cereal" for breakfast, and I can play with the add-ins so it's not too boring.  I can't wait to try to duplicate the coconut, peanut butter, chocolate, oatmeal I had at Ground Control.  I'm getting hungry...

I got a last minute invitation to go get lunch, so we went to Revo and the gals copied me by having the chicken fajita rice bowl, two of us with brown rice and the other with the creamy white rice (not me--dairy).  I add lots of salsa and it's yummy.  And it's two meals.

I made chicken and mashed potatoes for dinner.  I used a little of the potato water as well as some hemp milk to get the mashed potatoes creamy.  I'm still missing the butter (which technically I can have but am supposed to try to limit) for the flavor, but not bad.

Throughout the day, I had a plum, some pickled asparagus, as well as some pistachios.  Now that I look at my day, I don't think that was enough veggies.  Although there was lots of bell peppers and salsa at lunch.

1 comment: