Pages

DRAFT TODAY, POST TOMORROW: Some posts may be in draft status until I (aka procrastinator extraordinaire) get around to posting them.



Saturday, October 22, 2011

Volunteer pageant contestant

Princess Leia and me
I volunteered for a professional group.  Lunch was provided for the volunteers.  It was a box lunch, so I knew I wouldn't be able to eat it, but I discussed it with another volunteer who recently discovered that she has a gluten sensitivity.  She decided to eat the tuna salad off the bread, along with the chips and some of the cookie.  She didn't feel so well later.  I took a cookie home for my husband.

Later, we went to my friend's house for a pre-Halloween costume party.  I wore the dress that she altered for me, although it was a bit too large on top still.  One of the friends who went with us tried to help me pin or tape it at home, but it didn't really work.  But she did get a good look at my back scar.

As my friend, Princess Leia, is allergic to several foods (not the ones I'm allergic to), she tried to accommodate me.  The chicken was very good (her guy made it), but I didn't want to take it all.  There was also some veggies and chips and salsa.  I wouldn't normally eat those tortilla chips since they didn't specify gluten-free but I know she bought them just for me.  In fact, I had to take them home since she doesn't eat corn.

No comments:

Post a Comment