Pages

DRAFT TODAY, POST TOMORROW: Some posts may be in draft status until I (aka procrastinator extraordinaire) get around to posting them.



Sunday, October 2, 2011

I did not overreact. I acted badly.

And now, it's Sunday.  I still don't feel well, and we're 4 days into it.  WTF, body?  W.  T.  F.  This morning, I had this dull ache all the way around the area I hurt last night, where the body meets the legs.  I'm not in as much pain as last night, but....

After bowling (very badly, I felt so lopsided and off balance and TIGHT), we went to Majerle's for lunch.  Someone in our group wanted to watch the games.  They were packed, really busy, so I was worried that I wouldn't be able to take some time with the waitress, but she seemed to be understanding.  I ordered a chicken sandwich without the bun or cheese, and salad for the side.

The sandwich came with an herb dressing which she assured me had no wheat or dairy.  When I got my lunch (from another server), there were a dozen croutons on top of my salad.  A couple of people suggested I take them off, so I started to, but they were very crumbly, so there were crumbs on my salad.  I flicked the croutons onto the table, quickly followed by the top layer of my salad.  Then I ate everything left on my plate--a large piece of chicken and a small salad.

I think my actions made my friends uncomfortable, and I feel badly about that, but I am 4 days into this horrible thing and I don't know when it will end or how I can make it end.  I was trying (somewhat unsuccessfully) not to cry, find a way to laugh about this, and flinging food off my plate was, while impulsive, a way to vent.  This is the first time we've been to Majerle's since I changed my diet.  I'm sure we'll go there again but I'm not pleased with today's debacle.  I left a note on the bottom of the receipt that said: "Croutons are wheat.  Please educate your staff about food allergies."

1 comment:

  1. Oh hell, you don't make me uncomfortable. I'm here to help you laugh about idiots (and me).

    ReplyDelete