Pages

DRAFT TODAY, POST TOMORROW: Some posts may be in draft status until I (aka procrastinator extraordinaire) get around to posting them.



Saturday, October 15, 2011

Gardening Day

About 2 yards of dirt
The garden is ready for planting, so we went to Jackrabbit Nursery in Buckeye to pick up some transplants and seeds.  There was a super cute kitten that wanted to come home with me, wink, wink.  I'm a little late for transplants apparently--what was left was picked over and somewhat sad, but I got some tomatoes, eggplants, lettuce, a broccoli, a celery, and a globe artichoke.  I got lots of seeds: radishes, carrots, Romaine lettuce, turnips, beets, chard, cilantro, parsley, chives, and marigolds.  I had a basil plant and several pepper plants my friend gave me.  My FIL is going to give me some zucchini to plant also.

We went to lunch at Augie's.  I ordered a chicken sandwich with no bun, and a salad with no croutons.  So the salad came with garlic toast on top.  Awesome.  (that was in sarcastic font, right?)  I took it off, along with the cucumber is was resting on.  Unfortunately, that was not enough.  I don't think it agreed with me.  At all.  *sad*

No comments:

Post a Comment