Pages

DRAFT TODAY, POST TOMORROW: Some posts may be in draft status until I (aka procrastinator extraordinaire) get around to posting them.



Sunday, October 30, 2011

Native New Yorker

We met friends for lunch at Native New Yorker.  I couldn't find an allergen or gluten menu online, so I wasn't sure I would have much luck.  It wasn't looking good when the waitress didn't understand what I was asking for.  But she came back with the manager, who wasn't sure he should hand me their kitchen copy of the allergens.  We said, yes, yes you should, and he did.  It listed everything--it was awesome.  Except the part that I'm getting used to, and seemed to surprise at least one person at the table--almost everything had wheat (or something I can't have) in it.  However, we found that I can have a couple of the wing sauces, and they can make the chicken "strippers" without flour (but it comes with a coating so you have to ask).  I had the mandarin orange sauce, which was very good but not spicy at all.  And since a pound of chicken contains a lot more meat than a pound of wings (even boneless), I was very full.  I can't believe I ate it all.  Too much!  And no veggies or anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment