Pages

DRAFT TODAY, POST TOMORROW: Some posts may be in draft status until I (aka procrastinator extraordinaire) get around to posting them.



Friday, October 28, 2011

Opportunities to NOT eat

I was invited by a coworker to a lunch at the Suns stadium.  I asked him to make sure someone else wouldn't want to go, since I wouldn't be able to eat.  Well, I was the last choice to replace the person who backed out.  And anyway, he was "sure" they would have something I could eat.  So I grabbed my Larabar and went with him and 2 other coworkers.

There was pizza and soda.  I had my Larabar and a cup of water.  We were not able to see the locker room as was expected but we did get to go down to the floor, which was being refinished.

Officer at the bar
I picked my husband up to go with me to happy hour.  I was concerned that we would be too late and I'd miss all my high school people.  I was friends with girls 2 years behind me, and their reunion is this weekend.  Fortunately, they were still there, and stayed for a while.  In addition to the girls I went to see, my friend B was there with his wife.  We thought it was kind of funny that the "curbies" were still outside while everyone else was inside, even though most of us don't smoke now.  And we smelled that someone (not in our group) was smoking a little something something.  AND, my best friend for years and years, well she wasn't there, but a friend of hers was, and he saw her recently, so he is going to send me her contact info.  I was so happy that I didn't even care that I couldn't eat or drink there.

We found Axl Rose!
We were maybe going to meet my husband's friend, so we headed to a late dinner at Serranos.  The waitress was very nice about my craziness, checked that the chips are fried separate, the bean dip has dairy but the salsa was great.  I had chicken and rice and beans.  It was very good.  We went out for a drink and music and watched the costume party.  Out too late, but so much fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment