Pages

DRAFT TODAY, POST TOMORROW: Some posts may be in draft status until I (aka procrastinator extraordinaire) get around to posting them.



Friday, October 14, 2011

Lettuce wraps

Professional meetings that include a meal (or two) make me nervous now.  This one, the coordinator knows I have some food issues, so she made an effort to accommodate me for lunch.  Breakfast was not something I could eat, but I brought my own oatmeal.

Splurge!
For lunch, there were the makings of sandwiches, but there were lettuce leaves too.  So I had (processed) turkey on lettuce with cucumbers, tomatoes, and avocado.  It was alright, enough to get me by.  Someone I've known for several years was there and had recently found out that she is gluten sensitive.  It appears she is trying to make some changes.  There were cookies too, so I had a Larabar in the afternoon.  It's difficult to eat differently and not bring attention.  It's kind of unwanted attention in my case.  It's hard to deal with the ignorance people have about food.  A guy there told me that he knows a  farmer and there is no difference in organic and non-organic food.  I completely disagree, but wasn't going to argue in that venue.

No comments:

Post a Comment