Pages

DRAFT TODAY, POST TOMORROW: Some posts may be in draft status until I (aka procrastinator extraordinaire) get around to posting them.



Monday, October 24, 2011

Tomaso's

I was nervous about having a professional lunch at a restaurant.  I have not been to Tomaso's but looked briefly at their menu and thought I could at least have a salad.  As the person we were waiting for walked in, I thought about my first date with my husband--he told me later that he may not have called me again after that first date if I had ordered a salad for my meal.  I understand how the salad order can be interpreted, so I looked back at the menu.

I found Chicken Paillard with steamed vegetables.  I asked the waiter about it and he said the chicken was "plain," and confirmed no flour or cheese.  He offered a side salad to start, and confirmed no croutons or cheese.  It was a very good meal.  The seasonings on the flattened chicken and mixed vegetables made it seem much less "plain."  I ate everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment