Pages

DRAFT TODAY, POST TOMORROW: Some posts may be in draft status until I (aka procrastinator extraordinaire) get around to posting them.



Monday, June 4, 2012

Fine on the outside; sick on the inside

Every time I get sick, I run through some of this and some of that in my head--what did I eat, what did I do, why is it like this? So this morning, when I had some double D, followed by some pain and not feeling great, but not terrible pain, I knew I did something. So let's go back.

This morning, I had a protein shake with chocolate rice protein powder, flax and psyllium, half a single serve container of chocolate coconut milk yogurt, some frozen peaches, pineapple, pears, and original almond milk. That should be alright, right? I had my tincture, tea, and supplements before drinking my breakfast.

Last night, I made chicken with salsa and pinto beans and served it over brown rice. Mick thought it was "bland" which was weird since I thought the chicken was cooked perfectly and it was really only missing some greens but I was too tired to do anything else, even making a salad at that point. I took my tincture, drank my tea, and took all my supplements and meds. I had an apple and honey peanut butter also. That seems okay, right?

For lunch, we ate out at Thai Lana, where I got questionable information about whether the curry would have soy in it or not, but she said they would leave it out. Uh-huh. Well, it was fantastic and I ate it all and was stuffed when we left. I actually was stuffed to the point of pain. Or was it pain from eating wheat via soy sauce? It felt like being stuffed, but who knows? I also had my tincture and supplements.

In the morning, I had some leftover wild rice and some chicken apple sausage links. I felt like I ate too much but I had it with me and didn't want to waste it. I was feeling constipated but managed to go to the bathroom a little a couple times during our bowling excursion. (I bowled terribly; today's high score was 94. Seriously. I was all over the place. WTF!) Was this the start of it?

The night before, I made salmon and wild rice with cranberries and almond slivers. I was surprised that he really liked it. I was feeling bloated. But that's to be expected on the second day of my period, right?

I had eaten leftover potatoes and some breakfast sausages for breakfast, leftover chicken curry I had made for lunch, and an apple and maple almond butter for a snack. I had done some yard work in the morning before the real heat set in; then proceeded inside to do housecleaning and laundry. I was EXHAUSTED and took a two hour nap before we had dinner, so it was a late dinner.

So my first instinct is to blame this on the restaurant meal, but looking back, I don't think I was feeling so great before that. But maybe it was unrelated. *Sigh* Although my pain is in the back instead of the tummy generally, I didn't "want to be touched at all." And I had a chest and upper back of the neck breakout (hives? no, it couldn't be hives.) a day or two before. Hmm.

I don't know how to make zucchini noodles. Almost.
I took it easy on the tummy (I think) tonight, with a mix of eggplant, zucchini, red and yellow bell pepper, onion, garlic, garbanzo beans, sweet potatoes, eggplant marinara with chicken sausage. All I can say is that I still feel kinda shitty and I need to clean up from all that veggie prep. But I'll be better tomorrow, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment