Pages

DRAFT TODAY, POST TOMORROW: Some posts may be in draft status until I (aka procrastinator extraordinaire) get around to posting them.



Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Vet visit

I made an appointment for Cassi to go to the vet because she is looking very thin since being sick from her bug bite and also because A commented on her concern about the fatty tumor on Cassi's side. Cassi's weight today was just over 51 pounds, which is 5 pounds less than her last visit a few months ago. We saw Dr. C and she took some samples from the two fatty tumors Cassi has. The one bump on the side was the one she said she got some fluid from; the other, flatter one, Dr. C said is definitely a lipoma and she was not all that concerned but we will send it to the lab just to be sure. We should hear back next week. Because of the weight loss, she suggested that we could also do blood work but we decided to wait until the results of the lump labs.

Since I had agility class nearby later, I brought Teka with me and Cassi, and we went to my work office for a couple of hours. In agility class, I mentioned that Cassi was moving like molasses at the trial on Sunday and D suggested giving the dogs either molasses or honey before running them--like us having a protein bar. Interesting suggestion. I was already thinking of giving Cassi some molasses (ingredient in fatballs) to try to get more weight on her.

No comments:

Post a Comment