Pages

DRAFT TODAY, POST TOMORROW: Some posts may be in draft status until I (aka procrastinator extraordinaire) get around to posting them.



Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Contact Class

I was late and Cassi did not have a partner tonight. We worked first on the "self correction" exercise--a low table with a plank coming off it. At the end, a pole (in a little concrete bucket type thing) is placed for her to go around and find the up-contact. We only did it with the pole very close to the end but we did both sides. She was about 80% successful; she wanted to go onto the plank as much as possible without going around.

Next we worked on the teeter, which D put at 10 (very low) and we put the treat pouch about 4-5 feet out for her. She did really great--she only hesitated the first time. I used "high value" treats--chicken--for this.

Last we worked on the contact board with D. I am still having trouble with the timing of the clicker and treats. D even has some trouble, commenting about Cassi's crazy behavior. Tonight she mentioned that Cassi moves like she is two different dogs--one is the front end and the other is the back end. We put the contact board up on 2 phone book stacks so she could get the idea of where her feet were going better. As homework, D requested that I work on Cassi's down--without saying down--using a treat in my hand with a closed fist so Cassi sees the knuckles on top. I'm not sure I got it but we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment