Pages

DRAFT TODAY, POST TOMORROW: Some posts may be in draft status until I (aka procrastinator extraordinaire) get around to posting them.



Wednesday, February 2, 2011

This crazy weather

I took the dogs to A's for the day so that I would not have to drive home to get them before driving all the way back to agility class. And then I got the call--M was home and there was a message that class is cancelled due to the wind and cold. So I left work to get my dogs and go home.

I talked to A for a little bit before leaving her to get ready for her puppy arrival. She thought Cassi looked really thin. I thought it was still from the five days she couldn't keep food down due to whatever bit her (we now think it was a black widow--M found and killed a lot of them on the gate side of the house), but she pointed out that was almost 2 weeks ago. She was also concerned that I have not had Cassi's "fatty tumor" biopsied. She did not want to scare me but thought I should get her in. I have asked about it at least once or twice when she has been in to the vet but she wasn't concerned. However, Teka has been sniffing it occassionally, which does concern me quite a bit.

I mentioned that she is eating and drinking normally, but she does wolf her food down, so I've been interrupting her eating to make her slow down. A gave me one of those food bowls with the knobbies that slow dogs down. She also said that Cassi didn't have any real issues with the kennel. She lets her "boarding dogs" out every 2 hours after she puts her dogs away so they get to know the routine. The only time Cassi acted anxious was when A put her dogs away and then did something else instead of letting her out. They were gated in the back (Arizona or dog?) room when I arrived.

We also talked about Teka's issues, specifically about the dogs visiting at our house, and she felt that we should have just ignored Teka (while muzzled) and played with the other dogs, among other things. If C and R decide to bring the dogs next time, I might ask A to come over and help out. If nothing else, I need a mediator since everyone has an idea of what should be done or what should happen.

We were looking at Teka's muzzle, a size 6, and one of A's muzzles, also a size 6, and noticed hers is bigger. I mentioned that I have a size 7 that I never got around to returning. She said she could probably use it, so I'm going to let her have it.

No comments:

Post a Comment