Pages

DRAFT TODAY, POST TOMORROW: Some posts may be in draft status until I (aka procrastinator extraordinaire) get around to posting them.



Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Cassi-role

I took Cassi to the vet this morning. I talked to Dr. C briefly and then left Cassi with her; I went to the office. I called around lunchtime to see how Cassi was doing (is she ready to go yet?) and talked to Dr. C. Cassi was just coming out of her anesthetic so they wanted to keep her a couple more hours.

Cassi's bloodwork was normal. They removed the mast cell tumor and some extra skin around the margin, just in case it isn't benign. They will send it for testing. They also burned 3 very small fatty tumors off with a laser. They cleaned her teeth; Dr. C said they are in great shape and they gave me the "special" pricing that is starting next week. (They do it several times a year, but I never do it since I don't want to put my dogs under more than necessary.) They also trimmed her nails--yay! They gave her a pain medicine by injection.

I can give her Ascriptin if she seems to be in pain. The staples are in an area that Dr. C thought might not require a cone, so we will just need to watch how she acts. The stitches come out in two weeks. That is after the next agility trial she is already entered in, so I need to think about that and see if we need to pull our entry. I could just take Teka, but maybe they would let me pull both entries.

Since Cassi's bloodwork was normal, I will wait for the results of the lab test on the growth that was removed. If she doesn't start gaining some weight, I wonder if we'll have to do a Valley Fever test. *sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment