Pages

DRAFT TODAY, POST TOMORROW: Some posts may be in draft status until I (aka procrastinator extraordinaire) get around to posting them.



Monday, February 21, 2011

Landrolling

Since running is pretty hard on my back, but my dogs could use some running, I tried roller skating with them a few years ago. I never learned to roller blade, so I bought "outdoor" quad skates. I did alright on them, taking one dog at a time. I wore the gear--knee and elbow pads, wrist guards and a helmet. I had trouble with the curbs (and hills) in the neighborhood and fell, right in front of my house. I fractured my elbow and decided I would not use the quad skates outdoors anymore.

Eventually, I thought I would like to try outdoor skating again, so I ordered some Landrollers. (Caution: link goes to site with video/sound.)  We had started packing for our eventual move, so I tried the skates on and left them for after our move to a flatter neighborhood. And then I waited for our move.

So now we are here. Tonight, I went with Teka and M followed with Cassi. It was more difficult than I thought it was going to be--I don't really know how to stop, and Teka stopped to pee and later got distracted by cats, and I BARELY managed to stay up the whole time. But it was fun. I'll do it again. I definitely need the practice, and the exercise.

No comments:

Post a Comment