Pages

DRAFT TODAY, POST TOMORROW: Some posts may be in draft status until I (aka procrastinator extraordinaire) get around to posting them.



Friday, February 18, 2011

Cassi-girl

Dr. C called to give me Cassi's test results. She has "clean borders--more than a centimeter is unaffected." That was the good news. The bad news is that the tests showed "grade 2--the middle ground" that we previously discussed. According to the pathologist, the growth is not highly aggressive, nor is it necessarily benign.

Our options are to consult with an oncologist or to watch for recurrence, probably in the same vicinity. I talked to M briefly but he didn't seem to understand anything I said. I think I'll wait until I get her staples out and talk to Dr. C about it again. And maybe have M talk to her as well.

She also said that Cassi would probably be okay to do agility soon afterwards--she doesn't have any restrictions once the staples come out. That's good news since the trial secretary says that AKC doesn't have a provision for pulling her entry, meaning that I can NOT run her and NOT get my money back. The other trial secretary (for next weekend, the earlier--not AKC--trial) said she can pull the entry for medical reasons. What a relief.

No comments:

Post a Comment