Pages

DRAFT TODAY, POST TOMORROW: Some posts may be in draft status until I (aka procrastinator extraordinaire) get around to posting them.



Thursday, February 24, 2011

Does this clutter make my butt look fat?

My February (audio) book selection is written and read by Peter Walsh.  I used to watch him on Clean Sweep, to the point that M knew the show's music, and hated it.  He has a new show which I have only started to watch.  I actually HAVE this book, and started reading it, but have not finished, and truthfully, I'm not 100% sure where it is right now.


When I started listening to the book, it seemed pretty simple.  As I continued to listen, I found that it IS simple, but it reminds the listener of things we know, but don't know.  I found parts of the book powerful enough that I would listen to this book again; I would even consider purchasing the audiobook myself.

This is not a diet book--it is about my relationship with my body.  *sigh*  I do not have a good relationship with my body.  But I do know, more or less, how I want to live--I want to live a healthy, active life.  And that is his focus.

I would summarize this book by comparing it to a budgeting tip that suggests thinking "do I need this?" as part of the spending decision (put a post-it in your wallet, on your cards).  He is essentially saying: think about everything you bring into your house, put in your pantry or refrigerator, or consume: "does this help me live the life I want to live?"  The answer doesn't have to be yes, but we should be aware of this decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment