Pages

DRAFT TODAY, POST TOMORROW: Some posts may be in draft status until I (aka procrastinator extraordinaire) get around to posting them.



Friday, February 25, 2011

Food Links

**My Empire of Dirt (how one man turned his big city backyard into a farm) by Manny Howard sounds like it might be an interesting read.  Here is a racy excerpt from an interview with the author:

(Q) What are some mistakes that we all, as hosts, make?

(A) I can’t bear it when a host apologizes for the condition or flavor of food in advance. Announcing that the main course is over-cooked as people are unfolding their napkins is akin to assuring your partner that you don’t and will not EVER swallow.
Beyond that, everything else is forgivable. That, coming from a guy who thinks nothing of serving his guests in excess of an hour and a half after the event’s advertised start time.
**We usually don't eat out on Valentine's Day, but I'm still surprised to find out that Olive Garden is the most popular dining destination on this Hallmark holiday, according to Google.

** I have most of these essential kitchen tools.  I need to use some of them more often though!

** Check out what KFC cooks abroad.  I guess they don't HAVE to sell us crap, they just choose to sell us the Double Down and other "food" products.  But I still love their cole slaw.  It must have crack in it.

** I would like to make perfect roasted potatoes, which I found from a link on brokeandchic.com (same as the interview above.)

** A whole lemon can be used to make something that gets great reviews: whole lemon bars.  And I think I can follow this recipe!

** Surprise--working folks might find cooking dinner on work nights to be difficult or think it can seem like drudgery!

** I try not to follow TOO many food blogs, but OMG...Oatmeal, Cranberry, Walnut cookies and No Crust Quiche.  I need to find more time to cook...

No comments:

Post a Comment