Pages

DRAFT TODAY, POST TOMORROW: Some posts may be in draft status until I (aka procrastinator extraordinaire) get around to posting them.



Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Coming up roses

Saturday, I posted about my roses on FB. I was disappointed when the lady at Baker told me that the Arizona rose wasn't being grown by suppliers anymore. It's the one my grandma had suggested for my last garden and I loved it. The only one I think comes close is the Rio Samba, which is similarly multi-colored but more yellow. I didn't see Rio Samba at Baker but, if I plant more in the back, I can order it from J&P, although M prefers the potted ones from Baker rather than bareroot roses from online/catalogs.

M's cousin, K, (via FB) gave me a website to order the Arizona rose, so I have placed my order and we will put it in the one open spot left up front. Exciting!

I also received some tips on caring for roses in the desert, which led to when to prune roses in Arizona, and I'll have to go back to read some additional information on planting trees.

No comments:

Post a Comment