Pages

DRAFT TODAY, POST TOMORROW: Some posts may be in draft status until I (aka procrastinator extraordinaire) get around to posting them.



Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Agility class

We skipped class last night since Cassi can't go due to her surgery and M wanted me to go with him to the HOA meeting where they would be discussing the fee increase.

Tonight, I decided to take Teka to class. It was course night--a jumpers with weaves course. The weaves were after 5 jumps in an arc. Teka missed her entry EVERY time. Once she got started, she was quick and completed them. AND I did a front cross at the end of the weaves in front of her and she didn't pull out or freak out! The course included a tunnel rear cross from the right; coming out, going around (out) to a come over a jump and continue on--very similar to what we did in one of our recent exercises. Teka did really well (but I did go in quite a bit near the jump) although she did hesitate going in once so I had to really tell her to go in the tunnel while I moved forward on the right and then pulled back to go around on the left. sigh.

After that, she picked up speed and DISTANCE on the last few jumps which were in an arc and included a switch. It was a great way to end. Since she was missing her weave entry and there were some (6 pole) practice weaves, I took Teka to try them. And she got the entry and completion EVERY time. It didn't matter where we started or what I was doing (mostly), even if I crowded her, which the instructor thought was the issue. Hmmph. The only practice scenario that she had trouble with was when I stayed at the beginning and sent her. She would start, then stop and look at me, and then continue when I told her to go on, finish. But she did just fine if I moved away. Pretty cool--she's made a lot of progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment