Pages

DRAFT TODAY, POST TOMORROW: Some posts may be in draft status until I (aka procrastinator extraordinaire) get around to posting them.



Friday, March 2, 2012

Never eating again

I realized that I haven't gone for my fasting thyroid labs, so I scheduled an appointment for first thing this morning.  I was a little thrown off when the lab guy said that I owed for labs I had done for Dr. H.  I don't think I had any labs done for Dr. H except the ones that were done at the college clinic, not at Labcorp.  Great, I can add the follow-up to my to do list.

I hadn't eaten, and planned to go to Ground Control.  I went for a vanilla latte with almond milk.  It was very good, but I ended up with a lot of foam at the end so I felt like I wasted it a little.  I followed it up with an orange.

I was invited to lunch at Arcadia Tavern.  I had looked at the menu already and there's a lot I can't have but thought there were a few things that might work.  Three of the five of us had the roasted veggie salad.  I had mine with chicken and no cheese.  It had a raspberry vinaigrette, and someone else got the dressing on the side.  When I saw how creamy it was, I asked the waitress to check the ingredients.  It was safe and the secret seemed to be that they blended it.  It was very tasty and I ate the whole salad.

I had a terribly frustrating day; my computer has been acting wonky for three days now.  I managed to get some things done but everything took longer and I was just not so productive.  I stayed late to try to make up for some of it and had an apple with honey peanut butter.

Yesterday, I wasn't feeling great, again, and last night had the big "D" in the bathroom before going to bed.  I had more this morning and was actually feeling worse, although it comes and goes.  I don't think I ate anything I shouldn't have eaten.  I ate the most gluten-free thing on the menu at Revo yesterday and everything else I ate in the past couple of days, I made or could read the ingredients.  It's enough to make me want to stop eating.  But I guess I have to eat.  (I do have to eat, right?)  After reading Allergic Girl and feeling that I can't eat anything, I wonder if I need to be more concerned about cross contamination.  I noticed that Home Woot was offering Oneida utensils today, so I decided to order them.  My husband, Mick, gave me a little grief for being paranoid.  I'm not sure which is worse--not eating or being paranoid.

For dinner, I made a combination of zucchini, red bell peppers, diced carrots, Sprouts spicy chicken sausage, parsley from my garden, and rotini rice pasta.  I was very pleased with how it turned out.  I gave Mick some Parmesan cheese for his; he really liked it too.  Some habits are hard to break--since I'm not feeling so great, I finished off my little pint of chocolate coconut milk ice cream, about two servings.

"Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow." ~M. Radmacher

No comments:

Post a Comment