Pages

DRAFT TODAY, POST TOMORROW: Some posts may be in draft status until I (aka procrastinator extraordinaire) get around to posting them.



Monday, March 26, 2012

Born To Run

I heard that Born to Run is a really good book about barefoot running.  After listening to it, I agree that it's a very good book, but I would say it is more about running, and a little about barefoot running.  It also was about how modern civilization (and marketing) has changed how we run and how the last running tribes are becoming extinct.  At times, I wondered where the author was going with his history of some particular runner, but it all came back in eventually.

He talked a bit about the modern nutrition of runners versus what the running people eat and drink.  Some of the characters were interesting and kept me engaged in the book.  I would recommend this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment