Pages

DRAFT TODAY, POST TOMORROW: Some posts may be in draft status until I (aka procrastinator extraordinaire) get around to posting them.



Monday, January 2, 2012

Cheating Part 1 (of 3)

It's the last day of my vacation, and my husband had to work, so I made other plans.  My friend and her friend met me for lunch at Lo-lo's for my first wheat cheat day.  I had a chicken and waffle with syrup, fried okra, and lemonade.  My friend was going to share the okra but we realized it might have corn meal or cornstarch in the batter; she also skipped the syrup since it might have corn.  I really enjoyed my last real waffle and fried chicken and fried okra--this was definitely the best place to cheat!

We look great!
We followed lunch with a hike at South Mountain Park.  It was pretty busy; finding parking was crazy, but worthwhile.  Great weather, great hike.  My friend was a little concerned that I may be losing too much weight but we determined that I really just need to put on more muscle as I lose the weight.  (I'm down to 155.)

found at Whole Foods
I made chicken with leftover potatoes for dinner.  The sauce I made with the chicken was really good.  It was some marmalade with about a third of a cup of water mixed in and reduced.  My husband really liked it.

Over the past few days, I've seen everyone writing about the New Year.  Last year, I resolved to improve my health.  I was really struggling, trying to figure out why I felt so crappy, why it was so inconsistent, I was so tired, working out sometimes made things worse, I was so frustrated.  I finally, accidentallygot answers.  I ended the year with hope that I am finally on the right track, that I'm getting more answers; I also have some frustration that I'm still having some issues, but at least they aren't as bad as they used to be.

So this year, I did not really make a resolution.  I will continue working on my health.  As I discussed with my friend today, I'm going to start working on toning and building muscle.  She would like me to coordinate a hiking group like I used to do as well, so I'll add that to my to-do list.

So this year, I will work on being healthy, give people a break and let the angst go, and be furiously happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment