Pages

DRAFT TODAY, POST TOMORROW: Some posts may be in draft status until I (aka procrastinator extraordinaire) get around to posting them.



Friday, January 20, 2012

It's my fault.

I expect too much, and then I'm disappointed.  Or, even worse, irritated.  At lunch with coworkers, I was unable to find anything on the menu that I could eat, but the waiter (and the chef came out too!) came up with something for me--specially designed just for me.  I was appreciative.  It was pretty good, but after we left, I realized that I was still hungry.  So I was a little disappointed.
shrimp tacos and steamed vegetables
I came home and found beautiful flowers on my table.  They are from my garden.  Pretty awesome.  Other things made me a little irritated.  But it's the end of the day, I'm worn out, easily overreact, and to me, "it could be worse" means "it probably will be worse."  As seems to happen every time I'm excited about tomorrow, I'm worried that I may have eaten something or overdid something and won't feel well tomorrow.  But I won't know till then.  I guess this is anxiety.  But it will be better.  Or worse.  Tomorrow.

In unrelated news, I took my monthly survey--no change.  And I modified a recipe, basically making chicken with cranberry sauce and orange juice, and red quinoa with a little cranberry sauce and OJ.  My husband doesn't really like quinoa but he thought this meal was alright and he ate it all.  I thought it was good and I have leftovers.

No comments:

Post a Comment