Pages

DRAFT TODAY, POST TOMORROW: Some posts may be in draft status until I (aka procrastinator extraordinaire) get around to posting them.



Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Totally. Freaking. Out.

I got the results of my allergy test.  I am allergic to: egg whites, wheat, and bakers yeast.  What?!  What do I even do with that information?  I think I'm in shock.  I'll be back.

****

Okay, I'm back.  I am so emotional right now, a lot of mixed emotions.  I cried during lunch with a friend, and every time I think about it, I want to keep crying.  For some reason, I didn't cry when I told my husband, but I want to cry all the rest of the time.

I feel overwhelmed.  I feel both undereducated and like I know a lot.  I feel hopeful that my pain will stop when I figure out what to eat and not eat.  I'm terrified that it won't make any difference.  I feel angry that I am just getting this information.  I feel annoyed by people who won't help me change, and a little annoyed at people who don't understand how difficult that change will be.  Or who don't understand at all (don't want to understand, IMO), but that's another matter.  I am grateful for the support I am receiving, as soon as I asked for it, even from those who don't know anything about it but they care.

Out of all this, I took action.  I called and made an appointment at the College of Naturopathic Medicine, to see Dr. H and a student tomorrow.  I will report back.

1 comment:

  1. Good job on making an appointment! I can't wait to hear what they say over there. You didn't cry to hubby because you know he will always support you, and you got some out at lunch. :)

    ReplyDelete