Pages

DRAFT TODAY, POST TOMORROW: Some posts may be in draft status until I (aka procrastinator extraordinaire) get around to posting them.



Saturday, August 27, 2011

Wendy's

Today's dining delight: dinner at Wendy's.  Wendy's has one of those websites that people with allergy issues are so excited to find.  (There is a separate page for you if you only need gluten-free.)  I found quite a few items I can have--from an allergy standpoint--and I point that out because I did run across some information previously about what's in a Frosty and I don't eat them anymore.  By looking through their list, I found out that American cheese has soy in it; I can have the (yummy) chili, some salad and dressings, as well as the hamburger patty or Ultimate Chicken filet.

****

Some writers are so poetic when they write.  It's so unexpected when someone is writing about chronic illness such as MS.

This illness, any chronic illness, is a curse, a vile and venal monstrosity that is the very definition of horrible. But despite this beast attempting to consume me, I can endeavor to rise above, to mindfully claim each moment as my own, and to control my emotions rather than have them control me, thereby creating my own reality and snatching it from the gaping maw of illness.

No comments:

Post a Comment