Pages

DRAFT TODAY, POST TOMORROW: Some posts may be in draft status until I (aka procrastinator extraordinaire) get around to posting them.



Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Confused much?

When I was about 19, I was living with a guy.  We had met while we were in high school, although he went to a different school.  He had never been with anyone else, and he suddenly had a rash on his manhood.  As he was diagnosed with herpes and it was discussed, I realized I had this recurring "rash" for as long as I can remember.  I found out through family that it was very likely I got it when I was a little girl.  I was devastated to find out that I gave this horrible thing to a guy I was so in love with.

When I had my second back surgery, I had the worst outbreak of this rash I have ever had.  It came all the way down onto my upper inner thighs.  I was still not officially diagnosed with herpes, but the doctor looked and said that's what it looked like.

I tried to get in to the gynecologist during an outbreak to get diagnosed but I was always too late.

A couple of weeks ago, I had a couple of sores and decided to get into the doctor asap.  I still had a sore when I went to the doctor, and she scraped it (ouch).  She said it looked like a herpes outbreak.  And then she said they could also take blood for testing in case the sore was too old.  Really?  Why scrape then?  She gave me a prescription and sent me on my way.  I took the prescription until my sores were gone, as directed.

My test results came back negative.  It was a recording, so I called to clarify.  The nurse said the blood test says I don't have herpes; she had no other information for me.  Like what is going on with my body.  I don't have herpes.  I haven't had it for the twenty years I thought I had it.  So WTF is wrong with me?  Is it possible the test is wrong?  Are we done?

No comments:

Post a Comment