Pages

DRAFT TODAY, POST TOMORROW: Some posts may be in draft status until I (aka procrastinator extraordinaire) get around to posting them.



Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Bertha's and Seasons 52

I needed to pick up a quick lunch on my way to my afternoon meetings out of office.  I stopped at Bertha's Cafe and got my new standard, the chopped salad (greens, chicken, avocado, bacon, blue cheese, veggies) and the soup.  The soup was their gluten-free mango gazpacho.  I get the large so I will have some left for later.  I forgot that I would have it with me during an afternoon of meetings.  So I ate it all during the first meeting (where others were also eating.)

I went to dinner with some professionals I know and volunteer with.  I was a little nervous when someone said this place is known for their great flatbread.  Once we got menus, I thought it would work out.  The table did get a flatbread and I didn't have any.  The waitress told us that everything on the menu is under 500 calories (it was less but I don't remember the exact number).  I found a fish dish that I thought would work.  When I ordered, I asked if it had soy and she said she would check with the kitchen; it didn't, so we were good to go.  The fish came on a bed of vegetables and black beans.  It was amazing.  For a nice dinner out, I recommend!

No comments:

Post a Comment