Pages

DRAFT TODAY, POST TOMORROW: Some posts may be in draft status until I (aka procrastinator extraordinaire) get around to posting them.



Friday, August 26, 2011

Fajitas and drinks

My schedule was a little crazy today, so I met my husband and our west side bowling friends at Fajitas rather than going home and then going there.  They have corn chips and awesome salsa.  We ordered shrimp and chicken fajitas and some sides, including the mixed grilled vegetables (it's a starter, but it goes with the meal).  The fajitas come with these great little flour tortillas, which I skipped.  I had the meat and veggies with some cheese and salsa.  It was actually filling, and of course, as yummy as expected.  (If you go to Fajitas, get fajitas--they are great at fajitas but I've heard not so much for the non-fajita menu.)

We headed to another friend's birthday party at a nearby bowling alley.  It was fun.  Everyone was drinking beer, so I ordered a "Honey Jack lemonade" drink on the menu.  I watched the bartender make it, and was a little disappointed that I ordered it.  There was no lemonade.  It was Jack (I don't think it was the "Honey Jack" in the picture), Grand Marnier, Sweet & Sour mix, and a splash of something else.  It was okay, but so sweet (I'm not sure that's the right adjective...) that I only drank half of it.  Oh well, live and learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment