Pages

DRAFT TODAY, POST TOMORROW: Some posts may be in draft status until I (aka procrastinator extraordinaire) get around to posting them.



Thursday, August 25, 2011

Luci's

I occassionally go to Luci's Healthy Marketplace for lunch.  They have some groceries as well, so I thought I might be able to pick up a few things.  I love, love, love their green tea.  When I arrived, I checked the lunch menu and felt at a loss for what to eat, so I checked out the groceries.  I picked up some grits and unsweetened shredded coconut, checked out the chocolate bars (yes, it's true, they have soy lecithin), and headed to the cooler.

While I was checking out the yogurt, a couple of ladies at a table started talking to me.  One was Luci!  We talked about our health issues and she introduced me to her husband, Ken.  She recommended a new-ish yogurt so I picked some up.  It is full-fat, but I'm trying to eat good fats rather than so many low-fat food products.  She also talked to me about their lunch menu.  She recommended the burger with no bun.  She pointed out that turkey or veggie burgers often have wheat (bread crumbs) and/or eggs as binder since they don't naturally bind as well.  She also thought one of the soups and a turkey roll-up would work.  She said the potato salad doesn't have mayo so I could have that on the side.

I ordered the burger, no bun, with bacon, cheese, and mushrooms, and on the side, potato salad.  And the chef brought me a burger with the toppings, no bun.  And no potato salad.  Instead there were tater tots, which Luci had told me I couldn't eat.  He told me they don't have the potato salad, so he brought me fruit.  I am not a fan of the mixed fruit--everything always ends up tasting like the melon.  My burger was not cooked well enough at all, so I took it to go and microwaved it at the office.  Then it was very good.  And the tea is still amazing.

Later, I tried the honey yogurt.  It.  was.  so.  so.  good.

No comments:

Post a Comment