Pages

DRAFT TODAY, POST TOMORROW: Some posts may be in draft status until I (aka procrastinator extraordinaire) get around to posting them.



Thursday, August 18, 2011

Slice of Sicily and IHOP

A few coworkers were going to Slice of Sicily for lunch and they invited me.  They all ordered the lunch special--a slice and a salad.  There were several chicken dishes on the menu, so I asked if they were breaded.  She told me that they were not.  I clarified there is no flour and she said there is.  At that point, I thought I would end up having a salad for lunch but once she understood I couldn't have wheat, she said they could leave the flour out for me.  The chicken came with spaghetti or fries, so she brought the fries and garlic bread for the rest of the table since I was paying for it anyway.  So for twice the price of the lunch special everyone else got, I had a salad and a fantastic chicken dish.  It was a pretty light lunch.  Am I going to get used to this?

We have club meetings about once a month, currently at IHOP.  Their breakfast is really the only thing I have found good, so I thought I might have a difficult time.  I read through the breakfast menu, and skimmed the rest of the menu.  I ended up getting a side salad and a side of turkey bacon.  I did not feel that I would order either again.  I think we are going to look for another meeting place, but it is hard to find somewhere with a separate room that we can reserve nearly monthly at no charge.

No comments:

Post a Comment