Pages

DRAFT TODAY, POST TOMORROW: Some posts may be in draft status until I (aka procrastinator extraordinaire) get around to posting them.



Thursday, August 4, 2011

The good, the bad, and the coughing

I didn't want to go to work with this horrible cough, but I had an appointment in Scottsdale with the endocrinologist around lunch time.  I waited longer to get in than I was expecting, but I actually saw Dr. R, not one of the nurse practitioners.  I felt bad about having a huge coughing fit during our visit, but some water helped.  Kinda.

She asked me if I was waiting an hour to consume anything else after taking my Synthroid.  I told her usually yes, but sometimes it might be less time.  Apparently my tsh increased from 1 to 7 over about a six month period.  She wants to increase my Synthroid dose from 75 to 88, and maybe more after that.  She recommended I take it when I hit the snooze button or if I get up early to pee.

She also said that my Vitamin D was 66.  Since it should be over 50, I can decrease my dose to every other day.  My B12 and folic acid were good.

I left feeling drained.  I went home and did nothing. at. all.  This "cold" is getting me.

No comments:

Post a Comment