Pages

DRAFT TODAY, POST TOMORROW: Some posts may be in draft status until I (aka procrastinator extraordinaire) get around to posting them.



Friday, August 5, 2011

A new shiny doctor

I decided to tackle one of those items that keeps moving forward on my task list: find and see a new primary care physician.  I started on this a while ago, so I have a list started.  I call to schedule an appointment.  Since I am sick, they ask if I want to come in right away and see the nurse practitioner.  Yes, please.  I stayed home sick since I was unable to get a good night of sleep with all the coughing, and I'm still coughing.

I was on time (barely) and then waited a while to get in.  The aide (I don't know what her title was) took me into a room for vitals.  She seemed like a total ditz.  She didn't know what MS stood for.  Not a good sign.  I'm a little nervous.  She leaves and I wait a while.

The nurse practitioner arrives and spends quite a bit of time with me, discussing my current issues with the cold as well as my other medical issues.  My cold is still in the throat but she is concerned that it will spread so she prescribes a Zpack antibiotic, as well as Mucinex for the congestion and cough syrup.

As we discuss my current treatment for MS and thryoid condition, she is glad that I am having my Vitamin D monitored.  She suggests that I go to the College of Naturopathic Medicine as they will offer more options without taking away anything I am doing through conventional medicine.  She also has my blood taken and sent for an allergy test.  They will test for about 25 food allergens.  She suggests the CNM will probably do their own testing.

I thought it was a productive visit and I feel like I have been and am on the right path, but need to keep looking for solutions and improvement.  (And, I crossed "find PCP" off my master task list, and add "schedule CNM."  Neverending.) 

No comments:

Post a Comment