Pages

DRAFT TODAY, POST TOMORROW: Some posts may be in draft status until I (aka procrastinator extraordinaire) get around to posting them.



Sunday, November 13, 2011

Weekend wrap

I had a club event this weekend in the desert.  There was a lot of talk about my diet.  I brought snacks but was able to eat something provided as well.  There was a (award winning) chili verde, and the chef was nice enough to tell me what was in it: hatch chiles (he roasts them himself) with garlic, onion, salt and pepper, cumin.

Saturday was clear skies and even a bit warm; Sunday saw rain, fog coming over the mountains, a rainbow, and great weather the rest of the day.

We got home early enough for some garden time.  My broccoli is still looking sad after the caterpillar damage, so I pulled it out and found more tiny caterpillars.  After drowning them, I replanted the broccoli and tried it on the pepper plant, which did not have any more caterpillars.  The mushrooms have jumped out of the garden box to the tomato garden.  I also sprayed all the roses for aphids, since one is really covered, but there is nothing to save the rose in the corner.  I have never had much luck with white roses, but I don't know what went wrong with this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment