Pages

DRAFT TODAY, POST TOMORROW: Some posts may be in draft status until I (aka procrastinator extraordinaire) get around to posting them.



Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thankfilled

We went to my grandparents' house for lunch, where I was able to chat with my cousins and my aunt as well.  I had turkey, ham, mashed potatoes, salsa with veggies and a few chips, sweet potatoes, gherkins, and black olives.  I wasn't going to have any dessert but I asked my grandpa if I could scoop some chocolate pudding out of the pie no one had cut in to (spreading the pie crust through the pudding) and he gave me the okay.  I know it's not healthy, but it was good!

Borrowing Mr. Potato Head's tiny hat
They had already eaten at my in-laws' house, so after the parents with kids left to see a movie, I had some veggies with hummus and guacamole (my FIL made it and it was very good), and a glass of wine.  My sister-in-law, who has Celiac disease, bought desserts for me from GFC Bakery.  She brought me a little pumpkin pie and chocolate cupcakes.  She wasn't sure if there was eggs or yeast in the cupcakes, so I did not eat them.  The pumpkin pie was labeled with the ingredients: pumpkin, sugar, water, canola oil, salt, cinnamon, ginger, cloves; crust: sorghum flour, white rice flour, tapioca starch, palm shortening, water, sugar, salt, xantham gum, B vitamins, iron, and folic acid.  Since she does not like pumpkin pie, I ate the whole thing with some canned whipped cream.  The. Whole. Pie.  The filling was a little different texture but good enough; I actually thought the crust was better than a lot of "regular" crusts I have had.  We had coffee later.  Their Baileys was bad, so we had Kahlua.  This had nothing to do with my wardrobe choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment