Pages

DRAFT TODAY, POST TOMORROW: Some posts may be in draft status until I (aka procrastinator extraordinaire) get around to posting them.



Monday, November 7, 2011

Let there be lights!

I went to work, I came home from work.  In between, I had my blood taken for my monthly monitoring.  Looks like a bruise is getting ready to visit.  I had lunch with a friend from an old job.  I haven't seen him in a while.  We ate at Pita Jungle.  I avoided the Chicken Tikka Masala--I don't think it agreed with me last time.  We split the hummus--he had pita and the waitress brought me a plate of tomatoes and cucumbers for dipping.  I requested that he put a line down the middle so he didn't contaminate my side of the hummus; he was amused, and later, when I was done, he contaminated my hummus with his potatoes.  I had the salmon salad, which was pretty good.

chard, yellow tomatoes,
quinoa polenta, red peppers,
and marinara
I got home to find that we have working canned lights and flood lights on our patio now.  Whoo-hoo!  This may seem like a minor milestone, but last night, I had to go to the furthest corner of our yard, in the dark, using a flashlight, to round up my dogs who were barking at a cat on the fence.  It was teasing my dogs and would not leave.  It is not easy to grab two dogs and a flashlight and walk back to the house in the dark!

In addition to new lighting, we have flies.  In the house.  At least they aren't the humongous flies that were in the garage giving me the creeps.  Where can I get a Venus Fly Trap?

1 comment:

  1. Thankfully those flies die fast. We had them all over last week and now, hardly any. But I think a kitten is in order to help eat those flies!

    ReplyDelete